Duration: 2 days
Participation: Key-executives, across functions and down
levels, who are on their relentless pursuit of Waste Elimination.
* To disseminate the Value Adding Management (VAM)
strategy of continual improvement through waste identification
and elimination, with total employee - involvement;
* To highlight World Class Productivity (WCP) and to
contrast it from Conventional Productivity;
* To introspect into non-value-adding wastes and seek
creatively to eliminate them.
- VAM strategy towards World Class; Tactics and
(a) Output- Input Grid;
techniques required to make it operational;
- Categorising non-value-adding wastes:
The Toyota and the Cannon ways;
- Just-In-Time / Single Piece Flow concepts;
Film: "Toyota Production System";
- VAM in practice: Introspections;
- World Class Vs. Conventional Productivity:
market- Vs. production-orientation;
- Learning from the 2 WCP Grids:
(b) Quality- Delivery Grid.
- Identifying wastes and prioritising them.
- Generating ideas for waste elimination;
- Developing Action Plans;
- Teams' Presentations; Summing up.